We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will take reasonable steps to provide notice that changes have been made, including indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. Any changes we make to this Policy will not affect how we use or share any personal information we collected before the date of that change, unless we provide you with direct notice and the opportunity to opt out of such use. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, social security number, credit card number, employment history, or any medical information requested on an employment application) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
Information We Collect:
Active Collection: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Site. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you apply for an employment position, make a donation, request to become a client, send us an email, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information.
In addition, the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission and other agencies may require us to collect personal information from donors.
Passive Collection: When you use the Site, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on our Site. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Site and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. When you view a video on our Site, a third party may also set a “flash cookie” on your computer. Removing and rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser or flash cookies, this could affect certain features on our Site. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in emails relating to the Site to collect certain information about usage and campaign effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Site.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We use information collected through our Site for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, we may use information we collect:
- to provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to send you confirmations, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to push for the passing of legislation in the General Assembly of Georgia;
- to monitor and analyze Site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site and our users’ experiences on the Site, such as providing content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Site’s functionality and user friendliness; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Site.
We also may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors (including any vendors processing donations to Bruce Thompson for Georgians), consultants, client organizations, other service providers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work with us;
- to report required donor information to the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, client organizations, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
We are not responsible for the actions of any vendors, service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Other Websites:
provide information to the third parties that operate those services. This Policy does not apply to such services, and we are not responsible for the privacy and security practices and policies of such services. You should review the privacy policies of ShareThis and any social media outlets before using their services.
Steps We Take to Protect Your Information Online:
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Choices You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information:
You may “opt out” of receiving email correspondence from us by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us at the below email address. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our Site, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org